We are really excited about this year’s election. So excited in fact, that we are throwing an election party! Rather than have the party be a potluck and not know who is going to bring what glutenous food item, we decided that we would prepare all the snacks and everyone else can just bring their own beverage. Here’s what’s on the menu (all homemade):
- Black bean hummus (with Falafel Chips)
- Tomato and jalapeño salsa (with blue corn chips)
- Guacamole (with blue corn chips)
- Pizza bites (I’m using my pizza crust recipe and making mini pizza bites)
- Blue margarita punch (recipe below)
After the party we’ll be sure to put pictures up of the food so you can see how the spread turned out!
Blue Margarita Punch (gluten-free, of course)
- 1 1/4 oz. tequila
- 3/4 oz. blue curacao
- Fill glass with sour mix*
Pour ingredients over ice, stir or shake. Serve immediately.
- 750 ml (one bottle) tequila
- 500 ml (2/3 bottle) blue curacao
- 3-4 quarts sour mix* (to taste)
Mix ingredients in a large container with a spigot. Chill (we’re chilling our on the back porch!) and serve over ice. Note that the ice is important here … the drink will be wicked strong if you do not have some ice melt to take the edge off!
*Be careful when buying sour mix at the liquor store, as they often contain chemicals as preservatives or flavor enhancers that I have not been able to verify as gluten free. I make our sour at home by starting with a 1-1 sugar/water simple syrup. I them mix one part simple syrup to one part Real lemon juice to 1/2 part Real lime juice.